RELATIONSHIPS
" RELATIONSHIPS "
"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger"
_ Solomon.
Have you ever walked into a room where two people have argued? Have you ever been into a distressing situation? Once in a while I used to meet my friend. So, One day I departed from my house, to look in on my friend. As I break into her house, I heard a bitter conversation going on in between my friend and her husband.
But unfortunately they exposed me coming in, and soon they covered themselves with a mask of fake smile. Yes, it was a tough nut to crack for me. Her husband left the house unspoken, by throwing a subtle smile on me.
Whatever, then I was left alone with my friend. I sat next to her, putting my arms around her shoulder. She began to sob, and she confessed me about her state of life.
" I want to change things between us, but it always ends up with fights and conflicts ", she said.
I was quite taken aback by her words. Because, just few minutes before I imagined that my friend would gush up to the door and greet me, for meeting after long days. But unexpectedly it was all sobbing and weeping.
" We act differently. We find it difficult to maintain the same 'spark and love ' that we had once in our life. What you witnessed now at my house, was what constantly happening between us. why does this happen? ", she said and lamented.
I wanted to set forth her certain things. So, I comforted her,
" Relationships are too sensitive, you need to handle it carefully. This not only happens in marriage, but also in all other relationships", I said.
I had an anecdote to share with her.
*
"LAST WORDS"
One of my friend had a dispute with her father for a long time. Her father has thrown upon her unpleasant and harsh words, that poked her heart and tared her into pieces.Since that time, they had a cold war Inside them. They never spoke a word to each other and they never ever wanted to look each other face - to face. At last , their family segregated themselves. She came apart along with her mother and he isolated himself from his family, being
alone.
But after some time he started to face the hardships of being alone, the agony and the pain pushed him to the physical illness. Soon he was taken up and held on a death bed.
As the days passed on, all of a sudden one day my friend received a phone call from her father's relative. She picked up the call and answered it saying,
"Hello !"
"Dear ! I am your aunt speaking here"
"Oh ! Yah, tell me , what'sup?"
"Your father is at the edge of his life. He was given a deadline. He just wanted to see you once for the last, holding his last breathe only to see you. come soon ", her aunt said.
She hunged up the phone, she felt emotionless and discombobulated.
She plunged into the hospital to see her dying father. As she entered into the ICU, she found her father at a crucial moment laying with all those tubes, ventilators and breathing machine. She was dumbfounded and tongue -tied.
She went and sat beside him. She just lifted his hands, held it in her palms, holded it tightly and burst into tears. He too shedded tears, she wiped it away and gently kissed on his father's forehead.
"Daddy, don't leave me. I love you sooooo much", she said and pleaded.
He only smiled back at her. And there it all ends, he is no more now, his soul left his body, he died. She lamented, she dissolved in tears and broke down. Then she finds a letter under her father's pillow. She reached it out and took the letter.
It was written by her father, when he realised that he will die soon . The letter explores his heart.
'LAST WORDS'
I was thrown down
On my death bed.
My body started
To lose track
Of Its firmness.
My reckless mind
Beseeches God's mercy.
My dry eyes and
My dispirited heart
Chronicles your name dear.
I was holding on
My last breathes
And final words for you to
Hark out a death song.
Let my voice be heard
Let my words come out with
Let me speak out my mind
Let me say it loud and clear
That
"Forgive me"
I love you dear
I will miss you.
*
I finished narrating her my friend's story. And then I advised her.
" I thought of this today, when you were lamenting. Listen to my dear ! Life is fugitive, we are the trespassers. Each day is a gift, try to value it. Don't lose your happiness for the momentary anger ".
"Why is this sobbing? Why is this hatred?. Love and happiness reside not in possessions and not in gold or money, but love and happiness dwell inside the soul. Accept each other. Love each other to the fullest, of who you are!"
"Don't be insensitive. It takes two hands to clap. So, be a supportive, loving and a caring women". I said then I gave her a warm hug and left her more composed and happy than she had been for many days.
*
" Having a friend to listen to your problems and discuss them with you is the beginning of finding a solution ".
_ Gaur Gopal Das.
Comments
Post a Comment